What is an Assessment Center?
It is an intensive four-day event staffed by trained assessors to encourage and observe church planting candidates. Candidates have the opportunity to preach, cast vision, work in team settings, and meet with counselors and assessors to prepare for life as a church planter. Assessors provide a personalized and thorough assessment of church planting candidates. Typical assessment center participants include:
- Candidate/Candidate Couple: prospective church planting lead pastor and spouse (if married).
- Sending Agency: a candidate/candidate couple's sponsoring or sending agency; may be a church, network, region, denomination or church planting organization.
- Assessors: experienced church planters or church planting leaders; each sending agency usually sends an assessor to participate.
- Observers: individuals interested in observing the assessment process; they do not assess the candidate/candidate couples.
- Assessment Center Team: the team that organizes the assessment center and includes a director, a counselor and an administrator.
Who Can Participate?
- pastors in transition
- restart pastors
- church planters
- youth pastors
- associate pastors
- para-church workers
- second-career lay leaders
- anyone interested in church planting