- The Converge organization seeks an Information Technology Director to facilitate the subsequent retirement of the existing director who has served with distinction during the past several years. The successful candidate will have relevant prior experience in similar positions and have a demonstrated interest to serve the Lord as a missional calling that is aligned to the mission and purpose of Converge.
- The Information Technology function is conducted from the Arlington Heights office where this position is located. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The internal IT team is a small staff. However, the use of external resources for various levels of IT support and necessary developments will be extensive and broadly dispersed.
Information Technology Background:
- The IT configuration at Converge is a mature integration of multiple software applications that have been implemented, modified, and integrated over a period of several recent years. The vast majority of the IT infrastructure will have been migrated to cloud computing environments by the end of 2018.
- A majority of the technical support for these configurations is being outsourced to specialty vendors, as well. Therefore, the ongoing emphasis of the internal IT team is to provide business analysis support, oversight of software releases and developments, and continual internal application and technical support.
IT Director Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals and functional requirements of the organization.
- Maintaining budgetary responsibility for all aspects of the IT configure and seeking cost-effective ways to streamline external vendor support, internal staffing, and periodic external project support.
- Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management and inherent to the responsibility for an IT configuration (e.g., security, reliability, availability, business continuity).
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. Performing system-related requirements analysis.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies and conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management. Gathering critical information from meetings with stakeholders and producing findings reports.
- Working closely with vendors, technicians, and managerial staff, and staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Evaluating industry-wide technology developments. Matching those developments to current IT configurations and emerging business requirements and proposing new solutions for Converge.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance. Implementing and maintaining procedures. Managing competing resources and priorities. Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Continually monitoring and maintaining IT infrastructure via a process of periodic upgrades, renovations, and advancement to more cost-effective or technically advantageous solutions.
- Assuring the security of the IT configuration via service level agreements and periodic performance audits and vulnerability testing. Periodically validating the comprehensiveness of internal and external policies and procedures related to information security, change control, and configuration management.
- Managing help desk support and software training for internal and external constituents.
IT Director Qualifications and Characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field is very desirable. An MBA or other advanced studies would be ideal. These are a demonstration of broad knowledge and acumen relative to study, research, communications, and writing skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant form of leadership and management (preferably in Information Technology management or a job function that facilitated considerable understanding of IT and software applications). A similar degree of business/systems analysis or related work content.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills. A demonstrated capability of masterminding complex, enterprise-level business solutions and broadly coordinating related initiatives.
- Maturity and comfort in engagement with executives and staff at all levels. The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to collaborate and determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills. Experience in leading, managing, and supporting successful projects in a variety of ways.
- Referenceable demonstration of personal integrity and character that is vital to the nature of Converge. An affirmation of faith, values, and personal alignment with the mission and purpose of Converge.
- Experience with budgets, contracts, and various forms of external vendor support (technology, operations, publishing, supply chain, etc.). Direct experience in oversight of vendors would be ideal.
- Familiarity with the following IT structures, primary systems, and related management considerations would be helpful, but not necessarily in the context of the specific solutions employed at Converge:
- Cloud Environments – preferably Azure exposure including general knowledge of the related challenges and best practices of cloud-based infrastructure and support.
- Microsoft Dynamics (specifically CRM and NAV) – these are the primary enterprise software applications employed by Converge
- Office 365, SharePoint, etc. – this is the document portal structure used at Converge; however, similar relevant experience on other platforms would be helpful.
- Active Directory (multiple Locations) – this skill is delegated, but a summary knowledge of it and how it works, and some relevant prior experience would be helpful.
- Disaster Recovery (DR) – some experience in creating DR (and business continuity) plans or some degree of involvement in DR planning at a team level is desirable.
- Security Technologies – this is less of a requirement due to Converge’s cloud migrations, but it will be helpful to have experience with common security considerations, solutions, and deployments.
- Security/Compliance – like DR (above), the desired experience or exposure is having worked in and managing environments where security and compliance are key considerations.
- Integration Projects –there are currently a few key integration points across systems that impact multiple locations and vendors. Relevant experience with similar integrations would be valuable.
Converge is an equal opportunity employer. We are a “faith” organization and would expect any candidate would want to affirm and identify with our values and faith statement.